blob: bbfee693d20b91e66306c5bcda6319d197faab78 (plain
TStools (Command line tools for working with MPEG data)
TStools are relatively simple tools which concentrate on MPEG (H.264 and H.262)
data packaged according to H.222 (i.e., TS or PS), with a particular interest in
checking for conformance.
Transport Stream (TS) is typically used for distribution of cable and satellite
data. Program Stream (PS) is typically used to store data on DVDs.
The tools are focussed on:
* Quick reporting of useful data (tsinfo, stream_type)
* Giving a quick overview of the entities in the stream (esdots, psdots)
* Reporting on TS packets (tsreport) or ES units/frames/fields (esreport)
* Simple manipulation of stream data (es2ts, esfilter, esreverse, esmerge,
* Streaming of data, possibly with introduced errors (tsplay)