blob: 6c9a269c3c32ef6f05624f31a6a790df1ffee251 (plain
btrbk is a backup tool for btrfs subvolumes, taking advantage of btrfs specific capabilities
to create atomic snapshots and transfer them incrementally to your backup locations.
The source and target locations are specified in a config file, which allows to easily configure
simple scenarios like "laptop with locally attached backup disks", as well as more complex ones,
e.g. "server receiving backups from several hosts via ssh, with different retention policy".
* Atomic snapshots
* Incremental backups
* Configurable retention policy
* Backups to multiple destinations
* Transfer via ssh
* Resume of backups (if backup target was not reachable for a while)
* Encrypted backups to non-btrfs destinations
* Wildcard subvolumes (useful for docker and lxc containers)
* Transaction log
* Comprehensive list and statistics output
* Resolve and trace btrfs parent-child and received-from relationships
* Display file changes between two backups
btrbk is designed to run as a cron job for triggering periodic snapshots and backups, as well
as from the command line (e.g. for instantly creating additional snapshots).