blob: 3c993e944ae9f5f13a09232d5f5b2cf8562d4f8b (plain
neofetch is a script that gathers information about your system and
prints it to the terminal next to an image, a distro's logo or any ASCII
art of your choice.
Image mode dependencies:
These dependencies are required for image mode to work.
- Displaying images: w3m-img  or Terminology 
- Thumbnail creation: imagemagick
- Window size: A terminal emulator that supports \033[14t or xdotool
xwininfo + xprop or xwininfo + xdpyinfo
 w3m-img is sometimes bundled together with w3m.
 Image support is built into Terminology so w3m-img isn't needed.
Other optional dependencies:
- Google Play Music Desktop Player (gdmdp-remote)
- MPD (through mpc)
NOTE: You can have two or more music players installed, and neofetch
will only detect the music playing through the only music player
that is running.
- Detecting DE and WM: xprop
- Resolution: xrandr or xdpyinfo
NOTE: Xrandr is prefered over xdpyinfo as Xrandr supports multi
monitor and refresh rate display in the output.
- Wallpaper: feh, gsettings, or nitrogen
- Screenshot: scrot
NOTE: You can use the launch flag --scrot_cmd or change the config
option $scrot_cmd to your screenshot program's command, and
neofetch will use it instead of scrot.