blob: c401df986dfe57e72a394101a7f79f408e9545f8 (plain
xcowsay (display a cute cow and speech bubble)
xcowsay displays a cute cow and message on your desktop. Inspired by
the original cowsay.
xcowsay includes all these amazing features:
* Fully configurable!
* Calculates display time from amount of text.
* Dream mode - display images in the bubble.
* Can draw thought and speech bubbles.
* Daemon mode! Send your cow messages over DBus!
* Three different sized cows provided.
* fortune(6) wrapper xcowfortune: cow will deliver pearls of wisdom!
* Replace the naffness that is xmessage(1).
* Should work with any window manager.
* Supports UTF-8 characters properly.
* Use alternative non-cow images if you like.
If you're using older hardware and have problems with this, you may
have better results with xcowsay-1.4. To do this, get the old source:
and run the script with VERSION=1.4 in the environment.