blob: 429e270503bbf192966a2cf0cd0340a7a7b9cfb8 (plain
Gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library that uses greenlet
to provide a high-level synchronous API on top of the libev event loop.
- Fast event loop based on libev (epoll on Linux, kqueue on FreeBSD).
- Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
- API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library
(for example there are Events and Queues).
- Cooperative sockets with SSL support.
- DNS queries performed through threadpool or c-ares.
- Monkey patching utility to get 3rd party modules to become