blob: 4b77a7cf84dda2fcbf9f8097e6797411dc73f193 (plain
Pyspread is a non-traditional spreadsheet application that is based on
and written in the programming language Python.
The goal of pyspread is to be the most pythonic spreadsheet. Pyspread
expects Python expressions in its grid cells, which makes a spreadsheet
specific language obsolete. Each cell returns a Python object that can be
accessed from other cells. These objects can represent anything including
lists or matrices.
Pyspread is free software. It is released under the GPL v3.
- CSV import and export
- Chart creation dialog based on matplotlib
- Python objects as cell results
- Python macros
- GPG based save file signatures for preventing foreign code execution
- Access to all Python modules from within cells. These modules allow
for example matrix operations via numpy or fixed point decimal
numbers for business calculations via decimal.
- python-xlrd (optional for opening Excel files)
- python-xlwt (for saving Excel files)
- python-gnupg (for opening own files without approval)
- jedi (for tab completion and context help in the entry line)
- basemap (for the weather example pys file)