blob: 5295426059aac0f8c69b4888d53b830bf5ef840d (plain
podman - for running OCI-based containers in Pods
libpod provides a library for applications looking to use the Container Pod
concept popularized by Kubernetes. libpod also contains a tool called podman
for managing Pods, Containers, and Container Images.
At a high level, the scope of libpod and podman is the following:
* Support multiple image formats including the existing Docker/OCI image formats.
* Support for multiple means to download images including trust & image verification.
* Container image management (managing image layers, overlay filesystems, etc).
* Full management of container lifecycle
* Support for pods to manage groups of containers together
* Resource isolation of containers and pods.
These container runtimes can run as non-root, but require sub-uid/gid mappings