blob: 8146b5e8ed51e78fe77102328865ce58d314dd21 (plain
sandy (minimalist text editor)
sandy is an ncurses text editor with an easy-to-read, hackable C
source. Sandy tries to maximize screen estate, minimize the SLOC used
and not get in your way too much. It can somehow be controlled using a
named pipe that lives in /tmp and all preferences and keybindings are
to be chosen at compile time.
Features / Non-features
- Unlimited undo
- Regex search
- Simple, almost modeless keybindings
- Selection-based operation
- Very simple commands read from a named pipe
- Very basic, regex-based syntax colouring
- Xterm-like mouse support
- X11 integration is achieved through external tools such as xsel and dmenu
- Lacks many text processing facilities that can be easily achieved by
piping text through an external command
If you want to customize the compile-time config, place your config.h in
the same directory as the SlackBuild script. To get the default config.h,
extract it from the source tarball (it's called config.def.h there,
just rename it).
Optional dependencies: If xsel and/or dmenu are installed, sandy uses
them at runtime for X11 integration.